Header 1

Our future, our universe, and other weighty topics


Monday, May 20, 2013

Welcome to the Future and Cosmos blog

In this blog I will examine (through news, opinions and stories) two things that have fascinated me since boyhood: the external universe and the future of mankind. I will be exploring topics such as the growth of technology, the discovery of other planets, the search for extraterrestrial intelligence, our economic future, and the prospects of human survival. Some blog posts will be hopeful, touching on glorious discoveries on the horizon, and thrilling achievements within man's grasp. Other blog posts may be much more gloomy, as I touch on troubling topics such as man's degradation of the environment, and the huge difficulties that lie ahead because of man's depletion of fossil fuel resources. I hope to strike a balance between optimism and pessimism. Because certain concepts can best be illustrated through the use of fiction, I will occasionally use fictional postings, always identifying a posting as fiction whenever it is just a story.

No comments:

Post a Comment